Submental (under the chin) fat, often called a “double chin,” is a common cosmetic problem, affecting people of all ages. It can impact the lines of the neck and jawline, add years to your appearance, and make a person who is trim and fit look older and overweight. Kybella® can correct this issue.
What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is an injectable solution that contains a naturally occurring molecule in the body that assists in the breakdown and absorption of fat. When injected, it initiates the breakdown of the fat cells in the area.
Kybella® can also be used on other areas where fat accumulates; bra fat, lower belly pooch, and banana rolls. Smoothing out those trouble areas!
Kybella® is an innovative, non-invasive treatment that offers many benefits:
- Non-surgical: No incisions, sutures, or post-surgical pain.
- Enhances the profile: Reduces sagging chin fat, and the “wedge” under the chin so you can take pictures from any angle without stressing.
- Long-lasting results: Once the fat cells have been destroyed, they can no longer store of accumulate fat.
- Minimal to no downtime: Quick procedure and you can return to work or normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Takes years off your appearance: Submental fullness is a sign of aging. Treatments can improve facial and neck profiles and help you present a more youthful appearance.
What can I expect from Kybella® treatment?
A cold pack will be given before and after the procedure to help ease discomfort. Kybella® is then injected into the fatty deposit. The procedure with prep-time takes about 20-30 minutes.
We ask that you refrain from taking any blood thinners (i.e. fish oil, vitamin E, ibuprofen, aspirin, and blood thinning medications) for at least 3 days prior to procedure.
You may experience swelling, bruising, or numbness after to procedure.
Ice packs and arnica applied to the treatment area will help aid recovery by speeding the reduction of swelling and bruising that may occur after treatment.
Some areas where Kybella® is injected may initially feel hard, but this will decrease over time as the product spreads through the tissues.